Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

the star of our show


Yes, that is a pretzel ornament behind Vivi. What can I say? We kinda like food.

Christmas is right around the corner, and Genevieve couldn't be more excited about it. My mom is in town to celebrate with us, and she mercifully allowed the overjoyed child to open one of her gifts early.  It was a box full of dress-up clothes, and Vivi got to work right away accessorizing herself with boas and frills. A girlier girl has never existed, nor one who is more anxious to step out on a stage somewhere. She's the yin to her wallflower sister's yang, and being a bit of a wallflower myself, it's a hoot to play the role of stage mother to one of my own flesh-and-blood offspring. What a ham!


Macy's sent me a cool heart ornament, made specifically for #CleverHaiti bloggers, so I could share their charitable Heart of Haiti collection with you on the blog. Macy’s Heart of Haiti initiative upholds the belief that “trade not aid” is a powerful way to create needed financial opportunities in Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. The campaign employs artisans to create home decor items and features recycled and sustainable goods made almost entirely from bags, cardboard, oil drums and local wood. Rather than solely offering a one-time financial contribution, the program provides dignity of work and economic self-determination.

And guess what? They gave me two ornaments! I'd love to give away an ornament to one of you. If you'd like to have it for your holiday decorations, just leave me a comment below this post about the stars in your life, and I'll select a commenter randomly. I'd love to hear about what's happening in your neck of the woods!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #CleverHaiti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin